Thursday, May 31, 2012


My photo didn't load to and it didn't tweet. Here's a good summary of my recent pics
How did we manage before the days of Google Translate? Experiencing local life became so much more efficient
Wine in small cartons = such an appealing idea for cooking wines!
Okay, getting up now, getting dressed, and going for a walk. Almost dinner time :)
Enjoying a lazy siesta & TV. I already feel like I live in Spain. I can hear a small group of children laughing and playing in the courtyard
1 reason a lodging with a tiny narrow elevator leading to a friendly family-run hostel lobby is safer than an expensive large hotel=obvious
Madrid is nice! Now having a hard time thinking about how to divide up my 10 days. I do want to see both Barcelona and the Basque region.
When one can afford the choice between cheap and pricey, most go for the latter. That's where joy disappears. Lucky I learned this long ago.
Woke up in the middle of the "night" craving... GAZPACHO!!! The ONE soup in a carton you'll want to take to an isle if allowed only one food
(By the way) the people in Madrid are -almost comically- friendly. You probably noticed the examples in the slideshow:
Bedtime in Madrid, Spain. I will be adding more photos here tomorrow: I took a nap but am still exhausted! Good night.
8 May
My airplane at Newark. (Boeing 757-200) See you in Madrid!
Looking forward to my trip! Leaving tomorrow. Expect iPhone pix & ones taken with old Nikon D5000
Nazi eugenics déjà vu, with a twist Asian women's eggs fetch as much as $20,000, while other ethnic eggs only $6,000.
The gradual shift of San Francisco commercial activity hub to 4th and King streets Surely MUNI rides will become faster
Saturday SF stroll May 5 Only a MUNI ride away to Sunnydale, convenient T-third Line $2 round trip
One day I'll decorate an entire wall with tiles made of photos taken at night
I should do this more regularly. (Also, I should get a better camera.) San Francisco nights, April 21, 28 & May 4
Refreshing nap indeed! Now stepping out for photos. Will be back in a couple of hours.
Looking forward to more photography tonight, after some writing and a nap. Maybe an impromptu photo essay like this:
Cooking a whole chicken in a pot, again. Such a treat. And a cup of tea is so good in the clean kitchen. Everything feels hopeful today.
Flickriver time "Sharon Hahn Darlin's most interesting photos"
Tempted to photograph the mess I've made in the downtown apt. kitchen in the last few days. If you imagined me neat for some reason, HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment